Winter is rodent season in Hampton Roads which means rats and mice are looking to nest. Did you know a mouse will build their nest close to food and shelter? These rodents prefer warm, narrow and dark places where they will feel safe during breeding. A mouse would not travel more than 30 feet from its nest to food as they feed 15 to 20 times a day.
- – Seal-Up!
- – Trap-Up!
- – Clean-Up!
- – All Services Guaranteed
- – Pest-Exclusion Services by Universal Pest & Termite
Pest-Exclusion Services by Universal Pest & Termite
Universal Pest & Termite offers complete pest control and rodent control as well as contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and most importantly sanitize treatments to the infested areas.
Want Your Home and Duct Areas Rodent Free?
Rodent (Rat / Mouse) Exterminator Service for Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Newport News and surrounding cities.
Winter is rodent season in Hampton Roads which means rats and mice are looking to nest. Did you know a mouse will build their nest close to food and shelter? These rodents prefer warm, narrow and dark places where they will feel safe during breeding. A mouse would not travel more than 30 feet from its nest to food as they feed 15 to 20 times a day. A common nesting place can be under the insulation in your attic, under your home, your walls and even your air duct. Most companies will try to eliminate the rodent population but will leave behind the mess that is created by the unwelcome guest. Universal Pest & Termite offers complete rodent exterminator service as well as contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and most importantly sanitize treatments to the infested areas.
Controlling an Active Rodent Population in Your Home
Seal-Up! A mouse needs a hole about the size of a nickel, a rat needs a hole about the size of a silver dollar to enter you home. Without a pest-exclusion service, you may have a difficult time controlling a rat or mouse infestation. Pest-Exclusion services by Universal Pest & Termite.
Trap-Up!The are a couple of options for eliminating an active rodent infestation. Using store-bought traps may remove a few rats or mice but are you really solving the problem? Leave this one to the professionals. Improper placement or size of a rodent trap can be a mistake.
Clean-Up! This step is a big one when dealing with rats or mice. Because rodents are known for leaving a mess behind you need a plan to clean up after. This could mean contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and especially a sanitize treatment to all contaminated areas. Up to 30% of the air you breathe comes from your attic and crawl space.
Why Choose Universal Pest for Rodent Control in Your Home?
Universal Pest & Termite understands that the safety of your family and home including pets. This is the most important issue when it comes to pest control for rats and mice. This is why we train our employees to focus on keeping rodents from entering your home in the first place. As part of our standard Border-Guard service we will seal and caulk entry points around the first-floor level of your house. In addition, your Universal Pest tech will offer ways to reduce the chances of an infestation. Which include controlling moisture under your home and removing clutter from your attic that could contribute to nesting in the winter. We are serving with very much effective and low-cost rodent control services to keep your home and surrounding safe.
Universal Pest & Termite offers free emergency visits as part of our standard Border-Guard rodent protection service. Just call and we are there. Our technicians understand that rats and mice can be concerning, to say the least. Because rodents can nest in your air ducts and attic. We will offer you a complete inspection prior to service. Make sure to ask about our No-Hassle promise. If rodents return, so will we. No worries | No Hassle
Call Today 757-502-0200
Universal Pest & Termite specializes in Rodent Exclusion and Sanitation. We offer rodent exclusion services to keep them out in the first place. Additionally, also offer attic and crawl space sanitation treatments to clean up after a rat or mouse infestation. Just trapping isn’t enough when dealing with the safety of your family, as well as the air quality in your home. Make sure to ask about our No-Hassle promise. If rodents return, so will we. No worries | No Hassle Call Today 757-502-0200 or Click for a Free Inspection
Customized Rodent Control Services for Your Family and Home
Universal Pest & Termite also offers combined Pest / Termite programs together for one low rate. No need to pay a company a fee for rodent control and a fee for termite protection. We offer our exclusive “Flex-Guard” program. This is a quarterly service that includes our Border-Guard pest program, a perimeter granule termite application as well as our complete termite warranty. This top-rated program comes with our No-Hassle promise. If pest or termites come back while under protection so will we, no hassle, no problem. Most homes qualify for this service program. To see if your home qualifies Click Here and request a Free Inspection.
Choose Our Exclusive Flex-Guard Program for Rodent Control and Termites Because…
- Inside service is free any time service is needed or requested
- Any emergency Mice or Rat return visits are included at no additional cost
- A low odour termite granule application is applied approx. every 90 days
- Includes our termite warranty
- There is no need to wait around and spend your valuable time waiting for a technician
- Not necessary to take pets or children out of the house the day of service
- No need to straighten up or clean the day of service
Fun Facts About Rodents
- All rodents such as rats and mice have two front teeth that keep growing every day. Rodents such as rats and mice gnaw on wood, paper and wire to keep their teeth sharp.
- When you think of rodents, you probably think of small animals like mice that your mom doesn’t want in the house. But there are over 1,500 types of rodents, including woodchucks, porcupines, muskrats, chipmunks and squirrels.
- The old wives’ tale that rats and mice love cheese is false. They will eat it if there is nothing else but it is not a preferred food.
- Rats reproduce every 19-23 days and are ready to mate again in 2 days
- Mice reproduce slower and typically have 2 litters a year
- Rats can climb walls and even swim underwater to get where they want to be
Why Choose Universal Pest for Your Rodent Pest Control?
Universal Pest & Termite specializes in rodent control in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Newport News and surrounding cities. We make sure each inspector and technician is trained to offer the most effective and safest method available for rodent control. The safety of your family including pets is always our top concern. What do we do for rodent control?
- *Inspect before treatment
- Seal rat and mice entry points around the foundation
- We apply rodent bait only in attics and closed crawl space areas (Safety First)
- Apply rodent traps in areas with evidence of activity
- *Look for rodent nesting grounds (Attic or Crawl Space)
- Take a look for contamination (We offer cleaning services if needed in attic and crawl areas)
Universal Pest & Termite offers contaminated insulation removal, disinfectant applications where contamination is present as well as new insulation installation services. You inspector will make sure the air you breathe is not being affected by a rodent infestation. We also offer air duct cleaning services.