Bed Bug Facts by Universal Pest & Termite
- Bed Bugs can live for several months without a blood meal. This means they can linger in furniture, bags and suitcases for a long time until they are near a human host again.
- After feeding, bed bugs move to secluded places and hide for 5-10 days.
- Bed bugs can feed on the blood of any warm-blooded animal. Their most common targets are humans.
- Bed bugs will get inside your clothes. This is how they move long distances. It is also the main reason for domestic infestations.
- A bed bug is only able to survive that long if it is an adult and spends an entire year at a temperature of 10 °C.
Universal Pest offers a complete Bed Bug Control Service Protection program. We cannot control or eliminate bed bugs with just one service, so we offer monitoring stations that provide your Universal Pest inspector with an accurate assessment of the bed bug infestation.
Why choose Universal Pest?
Each inspector is trained in bed bug treatment and control. No application will be made until activity is verified and a direct location has been determined. Contact Universal Pest & Termite today for an inspection.
A more accurate way to identify a possible infestation is to look for physical signs of bed bugs. When cleaning, changing bedding, or staying away from home, look for:
– Rusty or reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses caused by bed bugs being crushed.
– Dark spots (about this size: •) which are bed bug excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would.
– Eggs and eggshells, which are tiny (about 1mm), and pale yellow skins that nymphs shed as they grow larger.
– Live bed bugs.
Where do bed bugs hide?
When they are not feeding, bed bugs hide in a variety of places. They can be found around the bed near the piping, seams and tags of the mattress and box spring. They can also be found in the cracks on the bed frame and headboard.
If the room is heavily infested, you may find bed bugs in any of the following areas:
– In the seams of chairs and couches, between cushions, in the folds of curtains
– Inside drawer joints
– In electrical receptacles and appliances
– Under loose wallpaper and wall hangings
– At the junction where the wall and the ceiling meet
– In the head of a screw
When it comes to bed bugs, not every situation and household is the same. Bed bugs can live in your carpet, clothing and even your baseboards. Some people believe that just by getting rid of an infested box-spring or mattress will take care of a bed bug problem. Unfortunately, this is only part of the battle. Our inspectors are trained to look for activity in all parts of the bedroom or house.
Customized Bed Bug Pest Control Service for Your Family and Home