Universal Pest & Termite has installed hundreds of crawl space dehumidifiers in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Newport News and surrounding cities. They are primarily installed to prevent wood rot. There are two primary types of wood rot which affect homes. These are easily distinguished by the color and texture of damaged wood.
1. White Rot attacks primarily hardwoods and causes a white or yellow discoloration by attacking the cellulose and lignin in the wood. Eventually, the wood will develop a spongy touch and stringy appearance.
2. Brown Rot attacks primarily softwoods and causes the wood to turn dark brown. Brown rot is often called “brown cubical rot” because of the way the wood can split across the grain, giving a checkerboard appearance or breaking off in cubes. This can weaken wood quickly, causing the wood to be very dry and powdery, hence the misleading nickname “dry rot.”
Why Install a dehumidifier Under Your Home?
- Dehumidifiers can Reduce Mold Growth
- These Can Reduce Allergy Symptoms
- Can Reduce Pest Infestations
- Also, used to Prevent Wood Decay Fungi
Installing a crawl space dehumidifier can seem like an easy task. There are other considerations when doing so such as 1. Does the power source need to be a dedicated circuit? 2. Does the crawl space area need to be completely sealed off from the outside as to prevent humid air from entering the crawl space? 3. Does the ground need to have a 100% cover? 4. Should the home have a crawl space encapsulation system?
Crawl Space Dehumidifiers in Hampton Roads:
Hundreds of consumers have trusted Universal Pest & Termite to install dehumidifiers under their home. We offer a full warranty on the service and product. That comes with an optional yearly warranty so you don’t have to remember each year to service the unit. Universal Pest & Termite will give you a ring each year and do it for you.
Easy Contact Request
We offer our exclusive Smart-Pay Option. Easy payment options for services with Universal Pest. Service Now / Pay Later. Easy payment options such as 0% interest.