Termite inspection reports for your Virginia property from Universal Pest & Termite!
Termite inspection reports are offered after an inspection by an experienced pest control professional. However, doing research on the company you choose should be standard practice, and above all, could save you a headache later. Choosing a pest professional carefully is important, so be aware of the following:
1. Did you know that Virginia does not have a regulated program for termite control companies when it comes to offering a termite report for a closing?
A company could hire a person with little to no experience today and they could issue you a report tomorrow. For that reason, you need to do your research. There is a voluntary program offered through the Virginia Pest Management Association. Request proof from the company you hire, and furthermore, make sure they have at least 15 years of experience in conducting termite inspection reports.
2. Did you know that sometimes the home inspector being used has an interest in the termite company that is offering a report on your home?
Currently, there are no requirement to disclose this conflict, so you have to ask! Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you make. Make sure these two companies are separate to ensure you are getting accurate reports.
3. Experience matters. You should make sure the company you choose has issued a minimum of 20,000 reports. Yes, 20,000 reports! Universal Pest & Termite has performed over 20,000 inspections and reports in our 18-years of service, therefore we have the experience you need.
We work with homeowners in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Newport News, Williamsburg and surrounding cities.
Schedule your Termite Inspection Report Click Here.
“Easy Termite Inspection Report”
Universal Pest & Termite offers customers our exclusive “One-Click” option to get a real estate inspection report.
– First of all, schedule an inspection.
– 24 Hours after the inspection you will get an e-mail. The e-mail will have an easy one-click link.
– Finally, click the link to see your full inspection report, which includes the following:
- Estimate (if needed)
- Termite Report
- Moisture Report
- Home Inspection Report
Universal Pest offers real estate termite inspection reports in Hampton Roads
What do we look for in moisture and termite inspection reports?
- Visible termite damage.
- Visible signs of active and inactive damage.
- Evidence of the presence of excessive moisture.
- Visible moisture damage.
- Visible evidence of wood boring beetles.
Things that are NOT Standard on a WDIR Moisture Inspection and Report
There are many items covered in the WDIR, however, the following are NOT standard:
- Moisture around window sills
- Moisture issues above the sub-floor level
- Areas hidden or concealed
- A warranty or Guarantee
- Moisture around exterior door jams
- Evidence of termites in mulch or landscape timbers
- Any findings where probing was needed to find or expose termite or moisture evidence
- Opinions on other repairs made by third party
- Structural integrity determinations
Also check out: www.YourPestGuy.com
What is a pest or termite inspection?
This is also called a Wood Destroying Insect Report “WDIR” (termite inspection), which is a visual inspection by a professional hired to look for signs of infestation or damage to a structure by wood destroying pests.
Pest inspectors look for:
- Wood-destroying pests, most noteworthy, termites, carpenter ants, rot fungus and wood-infesting beetles
- Evidence of pest activity, such as damaged wood, dead insects and termite tubes. If there is evidence of inactive, past damage, the report does call for a treatment.
- Conducive conditions for pests, such as standing water, earth-to-wood contact and plumbing leaks
- All inspections are visual only. No dismembering of the structure is performed.
Why should you choose Universal Pest & Termite to perform your WDIR (termite inspection and report)?
- Universal Pest & Termite offers digital photos on all termite and moisture inspection reports (WDIR), which enhances your report.
- We offer all the findings in writing within 24 hours, so you get your results quickly.
- Most importantly, we have an A+ rating with the BBB.
- All of our findings and pictures are sent in our exclusive “One-Click Termite Report”.
Universal Pest & Termite offers combined pest and termite programs for one low rate. Avoid double paying a company fee for pest control and termite protection.
See if your home qualifies today! Click Here and request a Free Inspection. We provide the best and most effective pest control services. Results are provided in one-click real estate inspection reports.
Call Today to book! 757-502-0200