Rodent Pest Control in Your Home
Seal-Up! A mouse needs a hole about the size of a nickel, a rat needs a hole about the size of a silver dollar to enter your home. Without a rodent pest control service or professional rodent exterminator, you may have a difficult time controlling a rat or mouse infestation. Call for rat control services by Universal Pest & Termite.
Trap-Up! There are a couple of options for eliminating an active rodent infestation. Using store-bought traps may remove a few rats or mice but are you really solving the problem? Leave this one to the professionals. Improper placement or size of a rodent trap can be a mistake.
Clean-Up! This step is a big one when dealing with rats or mice. Because rodents are known for leaving a mess behind you need a plan to clean up after. This could mean contaminated insulation removal, air duct cleaning and especially a sanitize treatment to all contaminated areas. Up to 30% of the air you breathe comes from your attic and crawl space.
Fun Facts About Rodents
– All rodents such as rats and mice have two front teeth that keep growing every day. Rodents such as rats and mice gnaw on wood, paper and wire to keep their teeth sharp.
– When you think of rodents, you probably think of small animals like mice that your mom doesn’t want in the house. But there are over 1,500 types of rodents, including woodchucks, naked mole rat, porcupines, muskrats, chipmunks and squirrels.
– The old wives’ tale that rats and mice love cheese is false. They will eat it if there is nothing else but it is not a preferred food.
– Rats reproduce every 19-23 days and are ready to mate again in 2 days
– Mice reproduce slower and typically have 2 litters a year
– Rats can climb walls and even swim underwater to get where they want to be.
Call us for Rodent Exterminator Service!
Rodents nesting in your attic and crawl space:
Rats and mice will nest in your attic and crawl space and even your walls. If insulation is contaminated it will need to be removed and the area sanitized. At Universal Pest, we understand the quality of the air you breathe is very important and should be considered when dealing with a rodent infestation. Sometimes you will need to clean the air ducts in your home. Believe it or not, rats and mice will nest directly in your air ducts and vents. Don’t worry, Universal Pest offers air duct cleaning and sanitizing as part of our complete rodent extermination plan.
Universal Pest & Termite
1616 Centerville Turnpike
Virginia Beach, Va 23464