Bed Bug Facts by Universal Pest & Termite
- Bed Bugs can live for several months without a blood meal. This means they can linger in furniture, bags and suitcases for a long time until they are near a human host again
- After feeding, bed bugs move to secluded places and hide for 5-10 days
- Bed bugs can feed on the blood of any warm-blooded animal. Their most common targets are humans
- Bed bugs will get inside your clothes. This is how they move long distances. It’s also the main reason for domestic infestations
- A bed bug is able to survive that long only if its adult and spends the whole 1 year at a temperature of 10 °C
Universal Pest offers a complete Bed Bug Control Service | Protection program. Bed Bugs cannot be controlled or eliminated with just one service. This is why we offer monitoring stations that provide your Universal Pest inspector with an accurate assessment of the bed bug infestation. Why choose Universal Pest? Each inspector has been trained in bed bug treatment and control. No application will be made until activity is verified and a direct location has been determined. Contact Universal Pest & Termite today for an inspection.
A more accurate way to identify a possible infestation is to look for physical signs of bed bugs. When cleaning, changing bedding, or staying away from home, look for:
– Rusty or reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses caused by bed bugs being crushed.
– Dark spots (about this size: •), which are bed bug excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would.
– Eggs and eggshells, which are tiny (about 1mm) and pale yellow skins that nymphs shed as they grow larger.
– Live bed bugs.
Easy Contact Request
Customized Bed Bug Pest Control for Your Family and Home
Not every home is the same. Bed bugs can live in your carpet, clothing and even your baseboards. Some think that just by getting rid of an infested box-spring or mattress will take care of a bed bug problem. Actually, this is only part of the battle. Our inspectors are trained to look for activity in all parts of the bedroom or house.
Where do bed bug hide?
When not feeding, bed bugs hide in a variety of places. Around the bed, they can be found near the piping, seams and tags of the mattress and box spring, and in cracks on the bed frame and headboard.
If the room is heavily infested, you may find bed bugs:
– In the seams of chairs and couches, between cushions, in the folds of curtains.
– Inside drawer joints.
– In electrical receptacles and appliances.
– Under loose wall paper and wall hangings.
– At the junction where the wall and the ceiling meet.
– Even in the head of a screw.
Universal Pest & Termite also offers combined Pest / Termite programs together for one low rate. No need to pay a company a fee for pest control and a fee for termite protection. We offer our exclusive “Flex-Guard” program. This is a quarterly service that includes our Border-Guard pest program, a perimeter granule termite application as well as our complete termite warranty. This top-rated program comes with our No-Hassle promise. If the pest or termites come back while under protection so will we, no hassle, no problem. Most homes qualify for this service program. To see if your home qualifies
Click Here and request a Free Inspection.
Why Choose Our Exclusive Flex-Guard Program for Pest and Termites?
- Inside service is free any time service is needed or requested
- Any emergency return visits are included at no additional cost
- A low odor termite granule application is applied approx. every 90 days
- Includes our termite warranty
- There is no need to wait around and spend your valuable time waiting for a technician
- Not necessary or need to take pets or children out of the house the day of service
- No need to straighten up or clean the day of service